Report of the Economic Survey
A definitive exploration of the professional characteristics of intellectual property attorneys and patent agents. Conducted every other year, the survey examines the economic aspects of intellectual property law practice, including individual billing rates and typical charges for representative IP law services.
The Economic Survey is one of the premier and most sought-after publications of the Association. The Economic Survey’s results are often cited in judicial opinions, analyzed by research firms, and used by law firms alike.
- Get free online access to each edition of the Report of the Economic Survey on all of your devices.
- Can purchase a print copy of the Report for a $75.
- Can purchase a print copy of the Report for a $495.
- Can get online access to the Report by becoming a member for $395.
As mentioned in the AIPLA Diversity Committee Wellness Check held on Wednesday, June 24, the Diversity in IP Law Committee is hosting a virtual roundtable discussion on Wednesday, July 22 from 3-4:30 pm (EDT).
The program will address "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Practical Approaches to Make a Difference". Our program will encourage all participants to share diversity, equity and inclusion ("DEI") practices that have been implemented at their respective organizations so that we can all learn from each other and take insights back with us after the program. The discussion will be facilitated by speakers from in-house and private practice to help lead break-out discussions on the following themes:
1. Ensuring the Right Stakeholders are Involved in DEI
- Who are the stakeholders and how should they be involved in DEI discussions?
- How to balance the burden placed on black/minority attorneys to lead DEI efforts.
2. Allyship: Facilitating Allyship, and Having Respectful and Positive Discussions of Race and Racism
- How to be better allies.
- Being an ally both at the office and in our personal lives.
3. Isolation & COVID-19: How to Address Diversity During Isolation
Save the date of Wednesday, July 22nd at 3pm EDT, and register below.
To assist our diversity efforts in our IP Community, please consider making a small donation to the Foundation for the Advancement of Diversity in IP (formerly AIPLEF) at the following link (donate link at top right corner): www.diversityiniplaw.org/about