In This Section
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-Piracy
- Antitrust Law
- Chemical Practice
- Special Committee on Content Curation
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Practice
- Diversity in IP Law
- Special Committee on Education Coordination
- Electronic and Computer Law
- Emerging Technologies
- AIPLA Fellows
- Food and Drug
- Industrial Designs
- International and Foreign Law
- International Trade Commission
- IP Law Associations
- IP Practice in China
- IP Practice in Europe
- IP Practice in Israel
- IP Practice in Japan
- IP Practice in Latin America
- IP Practice in the Far East
- IP Transactions
- Law Practice Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- New Lawyers
- Online Programs
- Patent Agents
- Patent Cooperation Treaty Issues
- Patent Law
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Relations With the USPTO
- Special Committee on Privacy & Data Security
- Special Committee on Pro Bono
- Committee on the Profession
- Professional Programs
- PTAB Trial
- Public Appointments
- Public Education
- Standards and Open Source
- Trade Secret
- Trademark Internet
- Trademark Law
- Trademark Litigation
- Trademark Treaties and International Law
- Trademark-Relations with the USPTO
- Women in IP Law
AIPPI, the Association Internationale por la Protection de la Propriete Intellectuelle is an international organization, domiciled in Switzerland, of business firms, executives, lawyers, educators, patent and trademark agents, intellectual property owners, and other persons interested in the worldwide protection of patents, designs, trademarks, trade names, know how, goodwill, copyright, and other intellectual property rights and the elimination of unfair trade practices. AIPPI has over 8,000 members in over 100 countries and operates mainly through national groups such as the US Group, AIPPI-US.
AIPPI-US has approximately 300 members and is managed by AIPLA. Membership in AIPPI-US includes membership in AIPPI International.
AIPPI World Congress: The venues and themes for our social events are out!
We will be coming together in person again to take part in the making of AIPPI's resolutions. Experts from different countries and regions will be sharing and exchanging insights on various areas of IP.
- Panel Sessions (incl. Pharma Panels)
- UPC Boot Camp NEW
- AIPPI Cafés
- Women in AIPPI Social Event
- Young Members Forum
- 3 Social Events (incl. Closing Dinner)
IP Lunches (incl. Diversity and Inclusion Today, Would you like some IP with your Wine?, and Copyright in Graffiti and Street Art)
We offer an Exclusive Limited Package that includes hotel accommodation at an attractive fee.
The package is limited and will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Major activities of AIPPI include policy formulation and expression, education, and networking.
- Much of the activity of AIPPI is carried out at its meetings, although increasing amounts of work are carried out between meetings, through committees and individual efforts.
- In line with its primary purpose of developing and improving the protection of intellectual property, a major activity of AIPPI is policy formulation.
How You Can Participate
Join AIPPI-US and actively engage in the online community to promote better understanding of the degree of protection accorded to intellectual property.
- Login in and become a member by choosing AIPPI-US in your profile.
- Visit the Online Community and begin engaging with your peers.
AIPLA Members who are U.S. citizens or residents are eligible to join AIPPI by joining the AIPPI-US Division. Membership in the AIPPI-US Division includes membership in the AIPPI international organization. For individuals who are not eligible to join AIPLA, may still join the AIPPI-US Division of AIPLA. Benefits for such individuals are limited to AIPPI and the AIPPI-US Division.
Only members of AIPPI are entitled to attend the annual world Congresses and other meetings of the international organization of AIPPI. The meetings, seminars, and symposia of the AIPPI-US Division of AIPLA are open to anyone.
Classes of Membership
AIPPI -US offers individual membership for IP practitioners and other individuals. At the present time, the operating procedures of the AIPPI -US Division do not provide for a group membership applicable to law firms, law schools, and the like.
The dues are currently $220 annually for an individual membership. For members under the age of 36, dues are only $110. To join AIPPI-US go to your AIPLA Member Profile and then add AIPPI-US under "Add a chapter". You can also complete the AIPPI-US Membership Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need help, please contact the membership team at 703-412-4354 or email@example.com.