IP Practice in Latin America
In This Section
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-Piracy
- Antitrust Law
- Chemical Practice
- Special Committee on Content Curation
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Practice
- Diversity in IP Law
- Special Committee on Education Coordination
- Electronic and Computer Law
- Emerging Technologies
- AIPLA Fellows
- Food and Drug
- Industrial Designs
- International and Foreign Law
- International Trade Commission
- IP Law Associations
- IP Practice in China
- IP Practice in Europe
- IP Practice in Israel
- IP Practice in Japan
- IP Practice in Latin America
- IP Practice in the Far East
- IP Transactions
- Law Practice Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- New Lawyers
- Online Programs
- Patent Agents
- Patent Cooperation Treaty Issues
- Patent Law
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Relations With the USPTO
- Special Committee on Privacy & Data Security
- Committee on the Profession
- Professional Programs
- PTAB Trial
- Public Education
- Standards and Open Source
- Trade Secret
- Trademark Internet
- Trademark Law
- Trademark Litigation
- Trademark Treaties and International Law
- Trademark-Relations with the USPTO
- Women in IP Law
The Committee focuses on intellectual property issues involving Mexico, Central America and South America.
The Committee also seeks to inform and educate practitioners interested in the increasingly IP-active Latin American region via Committee Educational programs at stated meetings and other fora.
- The mission of the IP Practice in Latin America is:
(a) Establish and maintain relations with professional societies in Latin America whose members are interested in intellectual property law.
(b) Study Latin American law and practice and report on issues of interest to the association Board of Directors and membership.
(c) Provide information on U.S. intellectual property law to any interested party in Latin America, if called upon to do so.
- The Committee also organizes a yearly trip to Latin America.
How You Can ParticipateParticipation is open to all AIPLA members. Become an AIPLA member and login in and join the committee in your profile. Once you join, please visit the Online Community and begin engaging with your peers.