In This Section
- 2023 Spring Meeting
- 2023 Mid-Winter Institute
- 2022 Annual Meeting
- Event Calendar
- Online Learning Academy
- On-Demand Stated Meetings
- Library of Meeting Materials
- Live Webinars
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- All Access Pass
- Coronavirus Updates & Resources
- Speaker Bank Application
2020 Electronic and Computer Patent Law Summit - Weekly Webinar Series
June 4 to 25, 2020
Improve Your Patent Practice
In light of the global health crisis and to prioritize the well being and safety of the IP community we have transformed the Electronic and Computer Patent Law Summit experience.
For the first time in this event's history, we are switching to an immersive virtual experience. The 2020 Electronic and Computer Patent Law Summit Series will be presented in four easy-to-schedule-around sessions that you can join from your computer or mobile device.
Join us from 2 - 3 pm Eastern every Thursday in June as we explore topics relevant to electronic and computer patent law, and earn plenty of CLE credit along the way.
The program for this month-long weekly webinar event will cover a broad range of topics including:
- June 4 - Launching an OS IP Compliance Program from Scratch (non-CLE)
- June 11 - Patenting AI and the Lifecycle of an AI Patent
- June 18 - Legislative and Case Law Updates and Section 101 Best Practices for Patent Prosecution
- June 25 - US v. EU Post Grant Comparison AND Litigating and Licensing in Other Jurisdictions
Guidance on these topics and more will be presented by leading in-house and private practitioners, as well as preeminent legal scholars. 60 minutes of CLE credit will be applied for where applicable. Thank you to the AIPLA Electronic & Computer Law Committee for working to put this Series together.
Who Should Attend
In-house counsel, intellectual property practitioners including litigators and patent prosecution attorneys, transactional attorneys, and scholars who are generally interested in developments surrounding intellectual property law as it relates to electronic technology and digital computing. The Summit provides an excellent forum to share knowledge and best practices.
What You Will Learn
- Pragmatic advice as to how to evolve your practice in view of changing contours of Intellectual property law
- Guidance from prosecutors and transactional experts as to the evolution of patent drafting strategies for emerging technologies
- How the changing litigation landscape may affect you’re your practice and your clients’ intellectual property strategies
- Purchase all programs in the Summit series at a discounted package rate ($195 Member/$395 Non-member Rate for all sessions). CLICK HERE for the FULL PACKAGE REGISTRATION
- Register to attend an individual session ($99 Member/$249 Non-member rate per session). Register for individual programs using the links below (the June 4 program will be automatically added to any individual program purchase, after the course is added to your catalog).
This online event series is not included in All Access Pass subscriptions.
Mewburn Ellis | PartnerEmma works across all stages of the IP lifecycle from drafting and prosecuting patents to managing offensive and defensive opposition proceedings at the EPO.
Henry, Coulter "Coby"
Reem Manufacturing | Senior IP Counsel
Khan, Sikander M.
Haynes Beffel & Wolfeld LLPSikander Khan specializes in building AI patent portfolios.
Lewis I.D., Jeffrey
Foley Hoag | PartnerJeffrey I. D. Lewis is a partner at Foley Hoag, resident in the firm’s New York office, and an AIPLA Past President.
Harrity & Harrity, LLP | PartnerEli Mazour’s practice focuses on helping large technology companies build valuable, high-quality patent portfolios in an efficient manner.
Perilla, Jason M.
Thomas|Horstemeyer, LLP | PartnerIn his practice as a Registered Patent Attorney, Jason’s experience includes the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in various fields, including transmitters and receivers, video processors, software, semiconductor design and manufacturing, medical instruments, power systems, software, and business methods, among others.
Polsinelli PC | PrincipalMargaux Savee is a principal and patent attorney at Polsinelli, representing Fortune 100 companies in complex patent disputes.
Qualcomm | Patent Counsel
AIPLA Files an Amicus Brief with the Court of Appeals of Virginia in Pegasystems Inc. v. Appian Corporation
March 6, 2023Arlington, VA. March 6, 2023 - The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) filed an amicus brief with the Court of Appeals of Virginia in Pegasystems Inc. v. Appian Corporation, an appeal arising from a $2.1 billion verdict and resulting judgment in a trade secret misappropriation case brought by Appian against Pegasystems.
AIPLA Comments on Joint USPTO-FDA Collaboration Initiatives
February 28, 2023Arlington, VA. February 28, 2023 - The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) submitted comments to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in response to the USPTO’s Request for Comments on Joint USPTO-FDA Collaboration Initiatives.
AIPLA Files an Amicus Brief at the Supreme Court in Amgen v. Sanofi
February 14, 2023Arlington, VA. February 14, 2023 - The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) filed an amicus brief at the Supreme Court in Amgen v. Sanofi.
AIPLA Comments on USPTO Initiatives to Ensure the Robustness and Reliability of Patent Rights
February 8, 2023Arlington, VA. February 8, 2023 - The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) submitted comments to the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s ("The Office”) Request for Comments on possible initiatives of the Office to ensure the robustness and reliability of patent rights.
AIPLA Comments on Joint Study on Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Intellectual Property
February 8, 2023Arlington, VA. February 8, 2023 - The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) submitted comments to the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the United States Copyright Office in response to their joint study on the issues of intellectual property law and policy associated with non-fungible tokens (NFTs).