AIPLA Quarterly Journal Editorial Board
2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE AUGUST 31, 2021
The AIPLA Quarterly Journal functions with the assistance of an Editorial Board that provides peer review of articles submitted for publication.
AIPLA is currently seeking members interested in serving on the Editorial Board of the AIPLA Quarterly Journal. The primary duties of Editorial Board members include:
- soliciting manuscripts for submission to the Quarterly Journal;
- reviewing manuscripts submitted to the Quarterly Journal;
- selecting reviewed manuscripts for publication; and
- editing manuscripts for substantive content.
Reviewing manuscripts submitted by authors for publication in the Quarterly Journal takes the most time. Two Editorial Board members review each manuscript, comment on the manuscript, edit the manuscript (if necessary), and indicate whether the manuscript should be selected for publication. Board members have approximately 1–2 weeks to complete this task for each manuscript. Over the year, a member can expect to receive 10–15 manuscripts for review.
- cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for participatingon the Editorial Board, including experience with cutting-edge issues in IP law;
- curriculum vitae; and
- questionnaire (QJ Board Questionnaire).
Current Editorial Board
JOAN E. SCHAFFNER, CHAIR
The George Washington University Law School
Falls Church, VA
MEGHAN DONOHOE (EX OFFICIO)
CYRUS T. FRELINGHUYSEN
Los Angeles, CA
CLARK W. LACKERT
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
JOHN H. PILARSKI
JOHN C. REICH
ERIC MARTIN SCOTT
RYAN G. VACCA
ANTHONY P. VENTURINO (EX OFFICIO)