Conquer The New Design Frontier
Strengthen your design rights skills with our virtual program.
The program has lessons for both beginning practitioners and experienced practitioners that want to know more about the increasingly important area of design rights, which covers copyright, trade dress and design patents.
"The content was very good. I wish I could have been in two tracks at once." ~ 2018 Attendee
Who Should Come?
Beginning practitioners and experienced practitioners that want to know more about the increasingly important area of design rights. There will be sessions on applying for and obtaining copyright registration of designs, trade dress in designs and filing for US design patents. There is also a session on design rights in the EU, where there have been important developments in copyright of designs, registered community designs and unregistered designs. Any design question your client have has potential implications in all of these area, make sure you do not miss a chance to protect your clients’ important design rights.
What We Cover
- European Union Design rights, including copyright, registered community designs and unregistered community designs.
- Drafting and filing a design patent and responding to rejections
- Drafting and filing a trade dress application, and responding to rejections
- Drafting and filing a copyright application, responding to rejections and Information on Content Management Information (CMI) and ways it allows you to protect copyrights that were not registered prior to infringement
Design Protection in Europe - September 3rd
- Registered Community Designs
- European Copyright in Designs
Moderated by: Elizabeth Isaac, Dunlap Codding, P.C.
Dr. Henning Hartwig, Bardehle Pagenberg
Dr. Peter Schramm, Meyerlustenberger Lachenal AG
Copyright in Designs - September 10th
- Copyright 101 – including preparing and filing a copyright application
- Advanced Copyright in Designs including responding to rejection
Moderated by: Pina M. Campagna, Carter, DeLuca & Farrell LLP
Lauren Emerson, Leason Ellis
Garfield Goodrum, Goodrum Design Law
Design Patents - September 17th
- Design patents 101- including the basics of drafting and filing a design patent application
- Advanced design patent prosecution including responding to objections and rejections
Moderated by: Trevor Copeland, Brinks Gilson, & LioneSpeakers:
Craig Mueller, FisherBroyles
James Aquilina, Quarles & Brady LLP
Trade Dress in Designs - September 24th
- Preparation and filing of a trade dress application at the USPTO
- Advanced trade dress prosecution including responding to a USPTO rejections
Moderated by: Robert L. Lichter, Lando & Anastasi, LLP
Darren S. Cahr, Drinker Biddle & Reath, LLP
Sarah Schneider, Sheridan and Ross