Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP | Associate
In This Section
- 2022 Annual Meeting
- 2022 Spring Meeting
- Event Calendar
- Online Learning Academy
- On-Demand Stated Meetings
- Library of Meeting Materials
- Live Webinars
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- All Access Pass
- Coronavirus Updates & Resources
- Speaker Bank Application
With a professional career spanning across three countries and with more than ten years of legal experience across two continents, Yelena’s unique background enables her to understand cultural nuances and helps her to advise a broad range of clients across the world. Qualified as a patent attorney in the United States and Europe, Yelena focuses her practice on patent procurement and portfolio development in all fields of engineering on both sides of the Pond.
Yelena is an experienced patent attorney with technical expertise across different fields of engineering, most particularly in information technology and software, telecommunications, and mechanical. Yelena’s experience includes patent drafting and prosecution of patent and design applications internationally, developing and implementing IP strategies tailored to business plans, worldwide patent portfolio management, freedom-to-operate searches and infringement, and validity advice.
Yelena has worked with a diverse range of global clients from startups to large corporations and is well adept to understanding and meeting the different aims and requirements of each individual client. Having appreciation of different legal approaches employed on both sides of the Pond, Yelena aims to provide a pragmatic advice and is particularly suited to finding creative solutions enabling businesses to meet their commercial objectives.
- Awarded the University College of London’s prize for Top Performance in an Intellectual Property Dissertation, sponsored by 8 New Square, 2013.
- Served as judicial extern to Jeffrey R. Howard at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2007.
- Served as head of the technical support group and as technical support engineer in IT department of international bank, 1996-1999.