5/20 - Advanced Chemical/Pharma Patent Practice Institute
May 20, 2022 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
465 minutes including 60 ethics
The AIPLA’s Chemical Practice and Biotechnology Committees will host an Advanced Chemical/Pharma Patent Practice Institute: A Post Doc Bootcamp on Friday, May 20, 2022, immediately following the AIPLA 2022 Spring Meeting,
in New Orleans at the Roosevelt Hotel. All times listed are Central Daylight Time
This advanced course teaches how chemical/pharma patent practitioners can use fundamentally sound but oft-overlooked principles to prepare and prosecute a United States chemical/pharma patent application to withstand both PTAB and district court challenges.
The principles taught will greatly help those advanced chemical/pharma patent practitioners involved with prelitigations, portfolio management, litigations, Orange Book listings, Purple Book/BCPIA, regulatory practice, due diligences, health checks, and analysis of third-party patents for validity/patentability, infringement, and enforceability issues, as well as for preparing IPR and/or PGR petitions and defending the patent against them.
- 9 - 9:10 AM - Welcome and Overview of the Day
- 9:10 - 10:15 AM - DRAFTING CHEMICAL CLAIMS AND SPECIFICATION
- 10:30 AM to Noon - DRAFTING CHEMICAL CLAIMS AND SPECIFICATION (con’t)
- Noon - 12:30 PM - LUNCH
- 12:30 - 1:30 PM - PRESENTATION ON INEQUITABLE CONDUCT/UNCLEAN HANDS
- 1:30 - 2:15 PM - OBVIOUSNESS-TYPE DOUBLE PATENTING AND CHEMICAL/PHARMA PATENTS
- 2:15 - 3:45 PM - RESPONDING TO AN ALLEGED PRIMA FACIE CASE OF OBVIOUSNESS BY ATTACKING ITS PREMISE
- 4 - 5 PM - OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE OF NONOBVIOUSNESS
- 5 - 6 PM - INFRINGEMENT, INCLUDING DOCTRINE OF EQUIVALENTS
Special discounted rate of $199 for Spring Meeting attendees. You can add this program to your #aiplaSM22 registration.