Protecting Your IP Overseas: WIPO Services and Initiatives
November 10-11, 2014 - Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA - 2-day program - Registration fee: $60. The event in Boston is also co-sponsored by Suffolk University Law School. REGISTER TODAY! Download the Agenda.
November 10, 2014
- Issue 1, Topic 1: The Differences Between US Trademarks and Trademarks Internationally
- Issue 1, Topic 2: Considerations in Developing an International Trademark Filing Strategy
- Garfield Goodrum
- Susan Anthony
- Issue 2, Topic 1: The Differences Between US Patent System snd Patents Internationally
- Issue 2, Topic 2: Considerations in Developing an International Patent Filing Strategy Using the PCT
- Issue 3, Topic 1: Building the International (Design) Patent Portfolio using the Hague System
November 11, 2014
- Issue 4, Topic 1: Using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) - Legal Tools for the Protection of IP
- Issue 5, Topic 1: Commercialization of IP for Business
- Issue 5, Topic 2: Global Databases for IP Platforms and Tools
- Issue 5, Topic 3: Coporate Panel Discussion - Protecting IP Rights in the International Marketplace
November 12, 2014 - The Chauncey Conference Center, Princeton, NJ - 1-day program - Registration fee: $35. REGISTER TODAY! Download the Agenda.
November 12, 2014
- Issue 1, Topic 1: Global IP Systems: The International Registration of Trademarks using the Madrid System
- Issue 1, Topic 2: Considerations in Developing an International Trademark Filing Strategy Using the Madrid System
- Issue 2, Topic 1: Overview of the Difference Between US (Utility) Patent System and Patents Internationally Using the PCT
- Issue 3, Topic 1: Types of Intellectual Property to Protect Designs Using the Hague System
- Issue 4, Topic 1: Legal Tools for the Protection of IP
- Issue 5, Topic 1: Global Databases for IP Platforms and Tools for the Connected Knowledge Economy
November 13-14, 2014 - Alexandria, VA - 2-day program: POSTPONED UNTIL 2015
Are you looking to take your business overseas but not sure how to protect your intellectual property (IP) rights? Or do you represent businesses and want to hear about the latest developments in global IP systems? Then sign up to attend this seminar, specially designed to teach you how to maximize your options.
Who should attend:
- Small and medium sized businesses who want to expand into new markets overseas
- Legal, financial and policy advisors for internationally focused businesses
- Business leaders interested in maximizing their global reach
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) working with the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), the US Chamber of Commerce, and the US Patent and Trademark Office are pleased to offer this valuable educational program.
Senior representatives from the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will lead an interactive program of discussions that are sure to be of interest to anyone involved in the international protection of IP rights. The event will provide an introduction to WIPO services and initiatives, including international systems for the protection of IP rights, alternative dispute resolution, and infrastructure for the exchange of IP information. There will be plenty of opportunity for debate and discussion, as well as interaction with the US Patent and Trademark Office, and local business representatives. A full agenda will be available soon.
We are pleased to be offering these programs in three locations this fall.
In Boston and in Alexandria, we are pleased to offer up to 12.5 hours of CLE available for RI, NH (self reporting), CA, NY, VA, DE, PA. Other states by request. In New Jersey, we are pleased to offer up to 6.6 hours of CLE for CA, NY, NJ, PA.
Program registration includes CLE processing, continental breakfasts, coffee breaks, lunches, and conference materials.
The Chauncey Convention Center
1 Chauncey Rd, Princeton, NJ 08541
$174 USD, per night
- Nine Zero Hotel Boston
90 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02108
$429 USD, per night