Author Submission Guidelines
In This Section
When submitting an article for inclusion in AIPLA INNOVATE, please review and follow the guidelines as set forth below.
- Authors must be a current AIPLA member in good standing.
- Submissions are encouraged and welcomed from all membership categories—especially students.
- Articles are sought on a diverse spectrum of topics addressing the practice of intellectual property law.
- Articles should be written in a magazine-like format, content and tone. [Please submit any graphics, illustrations, or images with text to support or enhance your article.]
- Be transparent about your involvement in an issue that is the subject of the article—such as if you were in the litigation, admin proceeding or dispute.
- Article submissions should be 500-1500 words in length.
- All citations should be hyperlinked where possible or placed in the footnotes, even if the authority is mentioned in the text.
- An ad-hoc sub-committee comprised of members of the AIPLA Special Committee on Publications and Fellows Committee will collectively review all submissions and reserves the right to make alterations and corrections for grammar and syntax.
- When submitting your article, please include a 50-75-word bio and a professional headshot [PNG, JPG, or Jpeg format, 72 dpi or higher].
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. Articles and support materials are to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit any questions to email@example.com or contact AIPLA Manager of Membership Development by telephone at +1.703.412.1311.