Committee Meetings & Events
All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time
We have a number of Committee business meetings throughout the Spring Meeting. See details and links to join below.
Tuesday, May 4
- 9:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 4:30 PM EDT - Women's Global Networking Event: Select a Plenary at either 9:30 AM, 1:30 PM, or 4:30 PM, as well as a specific individually-hosted event.
- 1p EDT - Patent Law Committee: CLICK HERE TO JOIN VIA ZOOM
Wednesday, May 5
- 4p EDT - Industrial Designs Committee: CLICK HERE TO JOIN VIA GOTOMEETING
Thursday, May 6
- 11a EDT - AIPPI-US: CLICK HERE TO JOIN VIA WEBEX
Monday, May 17
- 3:30p EDT - Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee: Link coming soon
Tuesday, May 18
- TBD - Trade Secret Committee: Link coming soon
11a EDT - Patent Cooperation Treaty Issues Committee: Link coming soonPOSTPONED
- 1p EDT - Antitrust Committee Meeting: CLICK HERE TO JOIN VIA ZOOM
- 3p EDT - Emerging Technologies Committee / Standards & Open Source Committee Joint Meeting: CLICK HERE TO JOIN VIA TEAMS
Wednesday, May 19
- 12p EDT - Membership Committee: Link coming soon
- 1p EDT - AIPLA Fellows: Link sent by email
Thursday, May 20
- 12p EDT - IP Practice in Israel Committee (View Flyer): CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- 2p EDT - Online Programs Committee: CLICK HERE TO JOIN VIA ZOOM (Passcode: 069204)
- 2p EDT - PTAB Trial Committee: CLICK HERE TO JOIN VIA MICROSOFT TEAMS
- TBD PM EDT - Diversity in IP Law Committee: Link coming soon
Committee Educational MeetingsIn addition to business meetings, networking events, and tracks coordinated by committees, some of the committee meetings are educational in nature. You can access these sessions through each link provided below.
Thursday, May 18, 2021
3 - 4:15 PM EDT
Emerging Technologies and Standards and Open-Source Committee Joint Meeting
The NSCAI report: Exploring the intersection of emerging technology, intellectual property, standards, and US technological leadership in Artificial Intelligence
The Emerging Technologies and Standards and Open-Source Committees will host a timely discussion of issues and recommendations in the National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence Final Report.
The panel will include two NSCAI staff members, Rama Elluru (Administrative Patent Judge detailed from USPTO to NSCAI) and Christie Lawrence (concurrent MPP/JD candidate at Harvard and Stanford), as well as Elham Tabassi (Chief of Staff in the Information Technology Lab at NIST), who consulted on the NSCAI Final Report with a moderated discussion by Paul Ragusa (SOS Chair). The speakers will focus on issues relating to emerging technologies and standardizing AI.
Click here to join via Microsoft Teams.
Committees Not Planning to Meet
Some Committees will not be holding meetings during Spring Meeting. Please see below for Committees that have indicated they are not scheduled to meet.
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-Piracy Committee
- Copyright Law Committee
- IP Practice in the Far East Committee
- Special Committee on Pro Bono