Committee Leadership Handbook
This Handbook is designed to help Committee Chairs, Co-Chairs, Vice Chairs and Co-Vice Chairs navigate their leadership terms. It was created with input from the AIPLA Board of Directors, past Committee Leadership, and AIPLA Staff. The information contained in this section is updated regularly by AIPLA Staff.
2018 Spring Meeting Committee Reports (Coming soon)
- AIPLA Board of Directors
- Committee Leadership Contact List (with Board Liaisons) as of 10/26/17 (Click Here)
- List of Committees by Groupings (includes Board and Staff Liaisons) (Click Here)
- (e.g., Content & Branding, Patent, Specialized IP, Member Services, Education Services, International)
Guidelines for Being a Good Committee Chair
- Committee Best Practices Outline (Click here)
- Timeline for Obtaining CLE Credit for Committee Educational Sessions (Click here)
- Tips for Committee Voting and Obtaining a Quorum (Click here)
Formatting Resolutions for Presentation to the Board of Directors (Click here)
Committee Reports Guidelines for the AIPLA Bulletin (Click here)
Past Action Manual 1982-2017 (Click here) -- A listing of existing approved AIPLA Resolutions
AIPLA Strategic Plan (Click here)
Website and Email Lists information and guidance.
- Committee Leadership presentation on web update and 8 rules to follow when sending an email (presented 1/24/2018).
- Maintaining and Updating Committee Microsites
- Committee Email List Usage and Guidelines
- Social Networking Platforms Terms of Service (Wiki's, Blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) (Click here)
Membership Development Strategy for our Committee Leaders (presented 1/24/2018)
Networking & Collegiality
- Fostering Advocacy at the Committee Level (Click here)
- Distinction Between Voting and Non-Voting Committee Membership (Click here)
- Procedure to Identify Issues for Legislative Initiatives (Click here)
Educational Programming: Committee Involvement
- Educational Strategy (presented 1/24/2018)
- Road Show Kit*
- Road Show Proposal Template
- Stated Meeting Kit*
- Pre-Meeting Policy
- Committee Educational Sessions (CLE)
*These items are not available to download online. To obtain either the Road Show or Stated Meeting Kits, contact email@example.com.