In This Section
- A Guide to AIPLA's Committees
- AIPLA Policy and Disclaimer for List of Arbitrators and Mediators
- Join a Discussion
- Liaison Program
- Mentoring Program
- Global IP
- Committee Leadership Resources
- USPTO BCP Meetings
- IP Practice Abroad
The Mentoring Program provides opportunities for experienced practitioners to share their knowledge and experience with mentees, while mentees receive the benefit of a guiding hand as they work to advance their careers in the IP field. The program also serves as a resource to help new members become more engaged in AIPLA, and possibly, prepare for volunteer leadership roles within the Association.
The Mentoring Committee works to facilitate the appropriate pairings of Mentors and Mentees through a survey found in the Mentoring Guidelines that will help determine pairings based on common interests.
During the Mentoring sessions, the mentor assists and guides the mentee:
- with navigating and maximizing AIPLA membership
- on questions relating to IP law practice
- with advice on career topics
- in other situations where the mentee needs coaching or direction
To learn more, or get involved in the Mentoring Program, please contact AIPLA's Membership Department for assistance.