Program & Speakers
IP Practice in Japan Pre-Meeting and Dinner
October 22 - 23, 2019 • Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center • National Harbor
The Latest IP Developments in Japan and the US
The Pre-Meeting is open to all and is a great event for networking with colleagues from Japan and other countries. Presentations will be provided by the speakers from AIPLA, the Japan Patent Attorney Association (JPAA), and possibly from the International Association for the Protection of the Intellectual Property in Japan (AIPPI-J), Japan Trademark Association (JTA) and Japan Patent Office (JPO) on a range of topics such as:
1. US: Subject Matter Eligibility - Recent Updates from both Bio and Software
2. US: PTAB - Developments and Strategies
3. US: SCOTUS Review - Recent Cases and What is Coming Up
4. US: Recent Developments on Trademark Law and Practice
5. Japan: Recent IP High Court Decisions
6. Japan: Post-Grant Opposition Updates
7. Japan: Update on Examination Standards
8. Japan: Recent Developments on Trademark Law and Practice
*Note: Topics are subject to change.
lunch 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm and an afternoon coffee break at 3:35 pm. We will have a reception on Tuesday at
6:30 pm followed by dinner at 7:00 pm On Wednesday, October 23rd the meeting begins with breakfast at 8:30
am and ends at 11:30 am.
Co-Chairs: Yuichi Watanabe | W. Todd Baker
$175 - Meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday
$145 - Reception and Dinner on Tuesday
Note: You must be registered for the 2019 Annual Meeting before you can register for this pre-meeting and dinner.
Co-Sponsored by: Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner, LLP, Honigman, LLP, Oblon McClelland Maier & Neustadt, LLP, Osha Liang, LLP and Smart & Biggar/Fetherstonhaugh.