The current climate of Intellectual Property is one of rapidly changing technology, protocol and legislation, and AIPLA feels that it never hurts to have another perspective on all this upheaval.
For that reason, AIPLA has a Mentoring program for its membership, pairing seasoned IP professionals with newer AIPLA members. The purpose of the mentoring relationships is to advance the career of the mentees in the field, as well as prepare the mentees for leadership positions within AIPLA.
The Mentoring Committee facilitates the formal mentoring of AIPLA members by pairing them in these voluntary mentoring relationships. Click here to view the mentoring guidelines.
Mentoring under the AIPLA Mentoring Program includes:
- Commitment and follow-through between a Mentor and a Mentee
- A number of uninterrupted mentoring sessions
- Frequency at the convenience of the Mentor and the Mentee
During the Mentoring sessions, the mentor assists and guides the mentee:
- With AIPLA and intellectual property career topics of interest to the the mentee
- Optionally, in other situations where the mentee needs coaching or direction
The Pairing Subcommittee of the Mentoring Committee works to facilitate the appropriate pairings of Mentors and Mentees through a survey found in the Mentoring Guidelines that will help determine pairings based on common interests. You can also gain valuable information by visiting the Mentoring Committee site.