AIPLA 2017 Electronic & Computer Patent Law Summit
Why You Should Attend
AIPLA’s Electronic and Computer Patent Law Summit is a single-day, multi-session seminar and is AIPLA’s first official meeting in Toronto, Canada! The Summit will focus on a variety of topics across technology fields of interest to electronics and computer law practitioners, including IP protections issues relating to software and hardware.
Who Should Attend?
In-Participants include in-house and private practitioners drawn from the area and beyond, along with many others.
What You Will Learn:
This single-day, multi-session seminar will cover a broad range of topics including:
· Discussion of Subject Matter Eligibility and proposed legislative changes to 35 USC 101
· The intersection of means plus function and adequate description of software functionality under 112(a) for US and Canada
· AIPPI US and Canada Harmonization Update
· Venture Capital and Angel Investors will discuss due diligence issues specific to software companies
· Ethics: Trade Secrets, NDAs, how to operate in a business environment when attorneys and inventors move between firms and/or corporations