AIPLA 2014 Electronic & Computer Patent Law Summit
SAVE THE DATE!
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 • SMU Dedman School of Law–Dallas, TX
AIPLA, in partnership with SMU Dedman School of Law, presents the 2015 AIPLA Electronic & Computer Law Summit
Why You Should Attend
Intellectual property rights, particularly patents, are a key consideration in any business decision relating to electronic technology and digital computing. The legal landscape related to patent prosecution and patent litigation is changing rapidly. It is crucial to understand these changes and how they will affect you or your clients.
This single-day multi-session seminar will cover a broad range of topics including:
· New Patent Office initiatives, particularly updated examination guidelines related to patent subject matter eligibility along with perspectives from litigation and prosecution practitioners from the United States and abroad in response thereto;
· Litigation updates surrounding divided infringement and RAND/FRAND;
· Open source; and
· Trade Secret considerations.
Guidance on these topics and more will be presented by leading in-house and private practitioners, as well as preeminent legal scholars. Representatives will be invited from the judiciary and the U S Patent Trademark Office.
Who Should Attend
In-house counsel, patent practitioners including litigators and patent prosecution attorneys, and scholars who are generally interested in developments surrounding intellectual property law as it relates to electronic technology and digital computing.
What You Will Learn
- Pragmatic advice as to how to evolve your practice in view of changing contours of patent law
- Guidance from prosecutors and litigators as to the evolution of subject matter eligibility
- Updates on issues including divided infringement and FRAND/RAND
- An update on considerations surrounding Open Source Licensing of software
Registration and Hotel Information coming soon!
AIPLA would like to thank the following sponsors for their support of the 2014 ECPL Summit: