AIPLA 2014 Electronic & Computer Patent Law Summit
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 • IIT Chicago–Kent College of Law
Intellectual property rights, particularly patents, are a key consideration in any business decision relating to electronic technology and digital computing. Ongoing judicial scrutiny of various issues in patent law and the recently-enacted America Invents Act are rapidly changing the legal landscapes of both patent prosecution and patent litigation.
This single-day, multi-session seminar will cover a broad range of topics, including:
- Recent Supreme Court review of various aspects of patent law
- New Patent Office initiatives
- Post grant challenge procedures
- A discussion of the extensive “Phone Wars” litigation surrounding mobile devices
- Ethics and risk management
- Expedited examination procedures
- International portfolio considerations
Who Should Attend?
In-House Counsel and Advanced Patent Practitioners in the electronic and computer fields, and academics.
AIPLA would like to thank the following sponsors for their support of the 2014 ECPL Summit:
|Schwegman, Lundberg & Woessner
||Merchant & Gould|
|Black Hills IP
||Shumaker and Sieffert|
|Kent College of Law
||Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago|