Lyris List (E-mail Listserv)
Joining the AIPLA lists, such as the list for the Special Committee on Standards & Open Source is easy. Just follow these sim
- You can use any email software (Outlook, gmail, etc.) to send to the list as long as it is from the email address AIPLA has on file for you;
- You MUST be a current member of AIPLA and you must also be a member of the committee- to add yourself to the committee, please login to www.aipla.org and click on Committee Center > Update Committee Selections. Under Services (left navigation menu), click on Update My Committees > My Committee Memberships > Committee Management. Select the committee and the position (Information Only or Active Voting if available) and click Save Changes at the bottom of the page;
- The list is currently updated manually on a monthly or as requested basis so people who join the committee will not be added to the list until we manually update the list;
- You must send your email from the email account AIPLA has on file for you;
- Your email cannot be more than 200KB (including attachments); If it is, please post your attachments to your Microsite and send a link;
- Please try to send your message as 'text-only'. Your message will be going to many people on many e-mail systems, you want to make sure that everyone sees the same thing in the same way;
- 'Text-only' would mean that you should not use bolding, italicizing, tables, tabs, lists or smart quotes;
- Any replies will go back to the sender;
- If you start receiving a lot of out-of-office replies, you know the email was sent successfully. If not, then make sure you are sending from the email address we have on file for you. Check your email size, if its larger than 200 Kbps then your email will not go and for security reasons you will NOT be notified; thus, the reason to mind your out of office replies. If you receive any undeliverable messages, please forward to Membership@aipla.org.
- If you are still having problems, please send an email Randy Sagara at email@example.com with your questions.
- To un-subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now you can send a message to everyone in the list by sending an email email@example.com.
- Your message will automatically be distributed to all subscribers.
To enjoy the full benefits of the lists, please make full use of them. Think of them as on-going conference calls that you can participate in at your leisure.
If you need help, please email the AIPLA.
A FEW WORDS ON THE USE OF LISTSERVS...
Only AIPLA members can enjoy this special opportunity. The lists are not open to the outside world, therefore minimizing the likelihood that you will be "spammed". As with any unencrypted email communication, the lists are not meant for private or privileged communications, and you should take the normal precautions.
AIPLA does not moderate the lists or censor the contents of communications. Messages sent through the listserv do not necessarily reflect AIPLA policy, and AIPLA takes no responsibility for the views expressed or the information rendered. AIPLA is not responsible for any delays or consequences of technical failures, etc.
for additional guidelines on the use of these lists.