The AIPLA Chemical Practice Committee is pleased to present this free webinar on how to address the application of Restriction Requirements to Markush groups.
The link to the recording of the webinar is below. You will need to complete a brief registration form (including your AIPLA member number) to access the recording:
Restriction Requirements are expressly prohibited within a Markush claim. Yet, the USPTO keeps issuing them. During this webinar, Bob Titus (Eli Lilly) and Brian Lathrop (Drinker) will discuss the following:
• The Unique Problems Markush Groups Present During Examination
• The Tension Between Restriction and Election-of-Species Requirements
• The New Unity of Invention Rejection
• Examination and Prosecution—Practical Problems With Markush Claims
• Proposed Alternative Approaches
• Strategic Considerations
There will be no CLE credit for this free webinar.