The Biotechnology, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Customer Partnership was developed to create a collaborative forum for USPTO customers in this industry sector to share ideas, experiences, and insights with USPTO staff. The BCP is intended to be informal in nature and will include participants from across the industry.
Some of the topics to be discussed by USPTO staff and stakeholders will include:
· Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) Overview
· Trends in Subject Matter Eligibility for Biotechnology Inventions (A Customer Perspective)
· Practitioner's Perspective on 101 as Applied to Biotech Applications
· Third Party Submission
· AIA 130 Declaration
· PCT National Stage Filing Tips
· Double Patenting
Please check back and click here to view the final BCP Agenda once posted. The USPTO looks forward to hearing the individual views from its customers and does not intend to use this forum to seek or arrive at any consensus. This customer partnership is formed with full recognition of the USPTO's responsibility under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA), and accordingly, is not established as FACA compliant committee.
Please email USPTOBCP1600@USPTO.GOV to RSVP by September, 9th. Please include “BCP RSVP” in the email subject line. In the email body, please include the following information:
· Your name, title and organization
· Contact information (e-mail, phone, etc.)
· Your attending location (Alexandria, Detroit, or online).
Directions and Parking information
Headquarters Location: USPTO Headquarters, Alexandria, Virginia
· Directions: http://www.uspto.gov/about/contacts/locations/directions.jsp
· Campus map: http://www.uspto.gov/about/locations/alexandriaoffice.jsp
· Parking options: http://www.uspto.gov/about/contacts/locations/directions.jsp#heading-6
Detroit location: 300 River Place South, Suite 2900, Detroit, MI
· Parking Options and Building Access:
For information on past and future meetings and presentations, please go to http://www.aipla.org/committees/committee_pages/Biotechnology/usptobcp/default.aspx